been a long time
PWCFRAZIER
2004-11-08 05:19:25 UTC
Havent ducked in here in some time...
who is still around?
Jazz Motorsports
2004-11-08 07:26:24 UTC
Hey, just stopped back in today myself.

Curt Jazwiecki
Post by PWCFRAZIER
Havent ducked in here in some time...
who is still around?
Raggedraider
2004-11-08 11:28:29 UTC
the place is ded
im sorry to say
nothing like it was
TODDMUNCH
2004-11-08 14:58:30 UTC
yep
PWCFRAZIER
2004-11-08 16:43:35 UTC
Ya I figured it would be dead.
But ah..........the memories
Tom Howlin
2004-11-08 22:38:49 UTC
Yep, either people have left the sport or gone over to the moderated
boards. Those are great for people on broadband, sucky for those of us
stuck with dialup.

Tom
Post by PWCFRAZIER
Ya I figured it would be dead.
But ah..........the memories
PWCFRAZIER
2004-11-08 16:43:07 UTC
Whats up Curt
Jazz Motorsports
2004-11-10 05:15:28 UTC
Not to much. Been to busy to frequent the groups or the boards as much as I
would like to lately. Memories are right, used to be some great info passed
on around here by some great people!
Whats up Curt
Bob Asmega
2004-11-09 19:44:44 UTC
Hey Scott, love that 55" HD TV you turned me on to. Thanks buddy and yes
"they" do match plus 10% of sale items.

Bob Asmega
who is still around?
Fx199
2004-11-10 11:56:55 UTC
Subject: Re: been a long time
Date: 11/9/2004 2:44 PM US Eastern Standard Time
This group is dead, www.pwctoday.com is the only good place i know to go, any
others? Riva and SBT maybe
Ben in TN
2004-11-11 17:51:29 UTC
Yes, it has been a long time. It used to be that a lot of great people hung
around this newsgroup. The flame wars used to be great points of interest
and so was the technical and non-technical discussions. I know there were
many people who checked this group a few times a day. People from this
group also used to get together in person to ride and meet each other. Then
we had one person who could not handle the opinions about modifications they
had made to some of this person's own friend's skis. This person filed a
couple multimillion dollar lawsuits against a total of 11 people many of
whom had been friends with the plaintiff. In my opinion, this was done in
an effort to silence this person's detractors. This has in large part
worked and this is one of the main reasons you can't find very many people
in this newsgroup who actively participate here. In my opinion and the
recent opinion of the judge in our particular civil case this lawsuit does
not have enough merit to even make it to a trial by jury. The federal
lawsuit had already been dropped by the plaintiff around a year ago but, not
before costing those people in that case quite a few thousand dollars in
lawyers fees. Some people have even had to go so far as to file for
bankruptcy during these 2 lawsuits. Even after the civil case had been
dismissed the plaintiff's lawyer is pushing this case all the way to the
Tennessee State Court of Appeals which I believe is a 3 judge panel who will
hear the oral arguments made by the plaintiff's and the defendant's lawyers.
Later on a written opinion from the court will be issued affirming or
overturning the civil court judge's decision to dismiss. Hopefully justice
will prevail. I do not think that the defendants in my case would mind
going to court if it didn't cost so much for our lawyers to carry a case
before the jury. It would probably take 3 days in court and we'd have to
fly in a professional witness to testify. $$$ So from a money stand point
it would be better if it stayed dismissed. I and many of the people in
these lawsuits have never been sued or been to court for much over a
speeding ticket. My co-defendants are an outstanding group of people who I
would trust with my kids or anything I own. Our lives have been changed in
a way that most of you will hopefully never have to experience and many of
the defendants have been so sickened over this that they sold their PWC's.
Just think of all the things that have transpired over the past few years
since these lawsuits started. 9/11, the numerous holidays and birthdays,
death's of relatives, heart attacks of the defendants and most recently
terminal cancer. Yes, the plaintiff is still pushing our civil case to the
appeals court even though the chief defendant has terminal cancer and is not
even going to try to fight the cancer. Maybe this case will be over before
he dies but, the way things have been going I would be surprised if he does
survive until then. In my opinion, all the defendants must feel that a
terrible wrong has been done unto them that cannot be remedied. There
definitely needs to be legal reform when someone can sue you for almost
anything as long as they have a shread of evidence and the defendants have
almost no legal recourse. Would you believe the plaintiff's lawyer is
working on contingency where he doesn't get paid unless he wins? Do you
think that would be good incentive to push a lawsuit until the very end?
Who knows? I'll just let you people draw your own conclusions about the
plaintiff and defendants in these cases and why no one posts in this
newsgroup anymore. All I know is that it's a good thing that the defendants
are such fine upstanding people.

Ben in TN
Tom Howlin
2004-11-11 23:37:25 UTC
Ben,

I won't comment on the particular lawsuit but will agree with you
wholeheartedly that our legal system needs some serious reform.
Something along the lines of loser pays both sides might deter attorneys
from taking contingency lawsuits that do not have a clear cut
right/wrong. I have several friends with their own businesses and it is
amazing some of the lawsuits they have been involved in as the
defendant. Although they are insured, the cost of insurance skyrockets
everytime one of these frivolous lawsuits happen and so even when they
"win", they still lose in the form of much higher premiums they can
hardly afford to pay.

Tom
Ben in TN
PWCFRAZIER
2004-11-12 05:12:06 UTC
Post by Tom Howlin
Something along the lines of loser pays both sides might deter attorneys
from taking contingency lawsuits that do not have a clear cut
right/wrong.
Two things. First it is often the case that in weak merit lawsuits the losing
party pays attorney fees. This doesnt stop contingency fee lawyers and has
nothing to do wit whether a lawyer takes a case. Something most people dont
know is that few contingency cases are pure contingency, it is often very
reduced rate plus fees then a portion of the recovery.
There is rarely such a thing as a clear cut right/wrong.... not just to us
goofy lawyers but to the people. Most people truly believe in their side the
same way that the opposing party truly believes in their own position.... often
it is somewhere in between. Thats way more than 2 things.
Mr. HPT
2004-11-13 09:30:39 UTC
I wander if you would be happy with unclear performance modification to your
water craft?
What would you do if your machine lost engine after engine at alarming rate
of several thousandths $$$$$$$$$$$$$ each season, and you spent more time on
shore then on water?
Frazier, it is cleat to me that there are butchers in this business who get
away with raping unsuspected customers and even their close friends.

GJG
PWCFRAZIER
2004-11-16 03:09:57 UTC
Post by Mr. HPT
I wander if you would be happy with unclear performance modification to your
water craft?
This is the case with most watercraft modifications even from trusted sources.
Post by Mr. HPT
What would you do if your machine lost engine after engine at alarming rate
of several thousandths $$$$$$$$$$$$$ each season, and you spent more time on
shore then on water?
Clearly not much because I continued to buy Bombardier PWC.

Well its cool to breathe some life back into the NG. Even needless replies to
posts that rehash well decomposed horses.
I say wel all try to meet here once or twice a week and keep the NG alive.
Kind of like the CB radio people do.
Mr. HPT
2004-11-17 11:50:21 UTC
O no pleas no CB operators Frazier.
Actually this NG is running very well, just like it was meant to be.
No more special promoters or selfish interest groups, no more pipe wrench
and chop shop operators
as I see it people do get help when thay need it.

Back in 1995 I promised to clean this mass up.
It is done, life is good.

Regards
GJG
Mr. HPT
2004-11-13 09:15:02 UTC
Hi Tom.
Don't forget that there are also good lawyers who are eager to take a
counter suit.
I wander what type of song the false accusers will sing when that takes
place?

GJG
Ben in TN
PWCFRAZIER
2004-11-12 04:59:58 UTC
Post by Ben in TN
Then
we had one person who could not handle the opinions about modifications they
had made to some of this person's own friend's skis. This person filed a
couple multimillion dollar lawsuits
Referencing my perious post.... looks like this group aint dead afterall. In
fact it looks like its two years ago all over again!
Dont read this reply as anything but a joke. I dont have a side in this. I
like the defendants that I know and I like the plaintiff.. and I honestly dont
even know very much about it and dont want to.
Mr. HPT
2004-11-13 09:52:16 UTC
Hi Ben. I'm glad to see you on water again enjoying life.
We did not give up, must of us moved on to a sport which excludes gentleman
instead of the wanabe racers, a two stroke rapists, pipe wrench and hammer
operators.
Life is good, this country is still in great hands thanks to man who
believes in Republican system.

Come on over try your skills at 1100 yards High Power Rifle Range, PPC, and
200 yard .22 rim fired .silhouette
Your friend
GJG
Ben in TN
PWCFRAZIER
2004-11-12 04:54:12 UTC
Post by Fx199
This group is dead,
Dead???? Maybe comatose.... could have made an Arafat joke if this
communication happened one day earlier.
PWCFRAZIER
2004-11-12 04:51:37 UTC
Ya Bob,
I bought two of them. Best Buy was livid. But I have one sitting in my house
and one sitting in the conference room of my office for less than $1900.
Its not a bad screen...not the best.
How are you Bob?
Fercho
2004-11-13 00:06:33 UTC
I personally got tired of all of the BS gong on here. I read every now
and then. Some people turn this forum into a furnace by flaming other
people left and right just because the are close minded.

All of the flaming is what lead to this lawsuit. May be some people
will learn not to open their mouth. Back when this was happening I
used to read only and all of this BS is what killed this forum, law
suit or no lawsuit all of the defamation going on here is what killed
it.
Jazz Motorsports

it.
Mr. HPT

it.
SuzanGPR
who is still around?
James Hornyak
2004-11-20 22:06:00 UTC
Yeah- This place was Great for a Long Time. Then someone came in and
Cleaned It Up- SOOO Today there are only 106 Postings But in the Good
Old Days there were over 1,000 Postings!
??? Sarge 707

" The hull makes the difference!!!"
PWCFRAZIER
2004-11-24 07:36:53 UTC
Post by James Hornyak
Old Days there were over 1,000 Postings!
We can all do our part.
Im going to try to make this a regular posting place again. Will I fail?
Probably. Oh well
Happy Thanksgiving RJS people
Gary Harris
2004-11-24 11:41:46 UTC
Frazier,

There are still a bunch of us who check in on a regular basis. I know I
check the group daily just to see if any thing important is going on. I tend
to hang out at the Riva site or the kawi board as they are moderated. RJS is
where I started in 1995 ( I think) and I kind of miss the old days on this
forum.

Gary
SL(SeaLion)
2004-11-24 15:58:33 UTC
I check in every week too but not much posting. I'm waiting for this
place to return to the old glory days.
--
Polaris Forum Moderator
http://www.sbtontheweb.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
PWCFRAZIER
2004-11-29 19:31:33 UTC
Post by Gary Harris
. I tend
to hang out at the Riva site or the kawi board as they are moderate
You know, we can all be moderators. This is accomplished by not feeding the
trolls and completely making like the posts by thread ruiners dont exist. It
takes self discipline from all of us, God knows I like to run my mouth with the
best of them. But look, most of the time when we respond to the jackasses, its
just to hear ourselves talk... we all know were never going to change the mind
of an imbecile... so why do it? We have seen the enemy, and it is us!
mark
2004-11-24 20:27:50 UTC
At one time, this was a very helpful place. I learned a BUT-TON of
information from all the posters that used to be here. It's pretty much
useless now. I see a bunch of folks from here on pwctoday and riva. I still
think this could be a good place for unmoderated topics, but with the
self-appointed nazis and child-like posters.... why bother. A moderated
forum, while sometimes TOO modified, is better than this.

I'd hope to see it grow again. I check in once a week or so. I don't post
much.

Do you find it interesting that the troublemakers that were here, do not
last long on a moderated forum?
--
mark
www.hydrotoys.com
Kevin
2004-11-15 03:04:22 UTC
There still some lifers out here.

Kevin AKA Cheesehead
who is still around?
Raggedraider
2004-11-16 15:21:33 UTC
but read this " subject "
and you allready think " do i have enough money to sue my jetskii lawyers
engine rebuilder s lawyers into rebuilding my jetskii engine "

cant we all just push the button and ride?
Mr. HPT
2004-11-17 12:00:34 UTC
What is stopping you from pushing the start button?
Do not try to inflict your narrow minded will on any one.
When people spent their hard earned money on pleasure craft and instead of
pleasure it becomes
a night mare, should we stick our head in sand and pretend all is well?

Hope your PUDER has on OFF switch, if not just pool the cord out.

George Ski
HPT-Sport USA
www.hpt-sport.com
270-898-2617
momar
2004-12-01 17:46:22 UTC
"I am still here once in a while, the 9 hour wait for my post is a
little long in this day and age so thats why I hang out at pwctoday
more, plus I can post pictures and movies their, thats kind of fun
SL(SeaLion)
PWCFRAZIER
2004-12-04 15:48:56 UTC
Some of mine, if I access from AOL, never show up for my viewing at all.
KaptainBob
2004-12-14 11:05:01 UTC
I've been here since 98, not much to say since things have quieted down

Bob